Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Meant To Be

A sunny"home" for an RCP mom's Earth Box.
Volunteers gathering for breakfast; thought of the day; the journal reading; loading in the bus; off to our projects - it has been a long time for me since my last Global Volunteers program, but I feel at home again. 
Meeting the staff at the RCP; walking through the village; smiles & greetings from villagers I have never met before; meeting young fathers & mothers in their home; playing & singing with their children; helping where I can; holding a baby as a tourist bus drives by knowing how lucky I am to be welcomed into this community & the lives of the people of St. Lucia while they just peer through the glass window never knowing how special the St. Lucians truly are - I am blessed.  

Returning to the hotel, meeting with the Global Volunteers staff - my fellow staff - from China, from India, from Peru, from Poland, from Tanzania, from the US - that alone makes me smile! We talk about ways Global Volunteers can help improve the quality of the life of a child - such important work, I feel priviledged to be part of such a group. 

Joining the cirlce of volunteers, feeling their excitment about the work they are doing, listening to their stories, hearing about their challenges, their successes, sharing their passion to make a difference - I am moved by their spirit. 

Meeting the team for dinner; breathtaking views, delicious food, wonderful conversation, looking at the million dollar boats, thinking after today I am truly richer then they are - this is what I am supposed to do, this is where I am meant to be, I am home again.
-Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment