Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Poem of the Day


Breakfast at 7:30, don't be late

Warren's in charge and he's great!

Cereal, eggs, bacon, and toast

Bananas, kiwi, and starfruit... wow...

Jj's is certainly a great host.



At 8:15 volunteers began to leave

Kathy and I had until ten

So we sat down with computer and pen.

We studied about Earth Boxes

Found what we could

Answers to our questions

It was all good.



10:00 came and it was time for us.

Kathy and I were excited as we got on the bus!

Tom squared joined us along with Warren and Ron

Off to the Building and Construction Store we went.

Dropped off Tom squared, then continued on...



Met with the knowledgeable Mr. Polius and Mrs. James

Talked about Earth Boxes and set up a time

For them to come look and see what we can do

Left  there with the meeting set for tomorrow at two.



Kathy and I were next dropped at the school

We had plans and didn't want to look like a fool.

Visited the Earth Boxes, then had lunch.

Next it was time to meet with some classes

The children would be excited, I had a hunch.



5th grade and 6th, we met with them all.

I had a feeling this is going to be a ball!



We left and we walked down the lane

It was time to visit the preschool

And we were glad there was no rain!



At Kiddies Homey Daycare we met

With Mrs. Ruth Frederick.

She was excited to be getting some plants.

Told us the 5 year olds would be able to help.

This is going to be fun,

I wanted to YELP!



On to the infant school we strolled

The next part of this story has to be told.

We waited and waited, but no one came

They wouldn't forget us...

That would be insane!



While we waited, we befriended a pup.

Full of apologies, Warren showed up.



Time for the meeting

Don't be late.

The day went well for most it seemed,

Better than some would have ever dreamed!



Off to Julietta's we went for some dinner

It was all good...

I don't think I'll get thinner!



Back at JJ's it was time to go to bed.

I had thoughts running through my head.

Despite the ups and downs of the day,

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, I have to say.



This experience will change me

And all for the best.

I can't wait for tomorrow to come.

So good night... I need to get some rest!


- Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment