Wednesday, July 11, 2012

After the Weekend - It's Back to the Children




The weekend is past and everyone scattered to various destinations.  Some spent the night at a luxury resort; some went on a tour of the island by boat; while others toured by minivan.  I spent the morning at the market in Castries, the capital of St Lucia and went to Pigeon Island, a national park, to have lunch and go snorkeling.   The water temperature is just right and the Caribbean is crystal clear.  It was a most enjoyable day.

On Sunday, I went to mass, primarily to renew my acquaintance with my 96 y/o friend, Maria.  Once again, she was a pleasure to converse with.  The remainder of the day was spent at the pool and just chilling out. 

On Monday I serve another preschool called the Kiddies Homey Day Care Center.  It is just next door to the Kid Step Preschool, where I was last week. I was there on Friday and enjoyed it very much.  Who cannot love the children, their enthusiasm and vivacious personalities?  The teachers are delightful to spend a day with and they are loving and caring to the children.  “Love” is always the word of the day and ‘Care” is how it is done.  Last Wednesday, one of the teachers took me on a nature walk on a jungle like path and introduced me to many new plants, fruits, vegetables and of course bugs and other little critters.  I look forward to this coming week, which should be pretty much a repetition of last week, but that is fine.  I loved it.

Until tomorrow,
Auntie Pillis 

No comments:

Post a Comment